21 September 2005

Takami, Fish Master



Nami left Hania with an unexpected message last night. She said that Takami was calling in sick at work the next day, and was going to go fishing... with me. The next morning, at exactly 11, Takami arrived in his Land Cruiser with all of his fishing equipment ready to go. He said he was going to take me into the mountains to go fishing for Japanese Black Bass in his favorite lake. I've never fished for bass before, so I was excited. Along the way we stopped in "The Big City" (Yawatahama) for a quick udon lunch, then headed to his parent's home in Ozu to get the boat. Soon after we were on our way. We arrived about 45 minutes later to a huge turquoise lake in the middle of a steep valley. This here is Takami's first catch, though he managed to get 11 more before the sun had set. Below is a Bluegill that I caught, one of a respectable nine fish that I hooked.